Journaling Our Character Studies
For those of you new to the His Palette community, I not only lurve the creative aspect of journaling, but I’m also a huge fan of Bible study. In this series, I will take the process of creative worship, and mash it together with a character study, bringing two of my most fave activities together! Let’s get started on our, what I’m playfully calling, “journ-udy.”
Character Study: Noah
Noah, born in Abel, first appeared in Genesis 5:29. He was a farmer who was extremely faithful to the Lord. His name means rest and comfort.
- Noah was a 10th generation descendant of Adam.
- Noah became a father for the first time when he was 500 years old.
- Noah fathered three sons; Shem, Ham, and Japheth
- Noah created the very first vineyard.
- Noah was one of three righteous men of Israel.
- Noah was obedient to God and found God’s favor.
- Noah was set apart because he “walked with God.” [ref. Genesis 6:9]
- Noah was 950 years old when he died.
About the Ark & Flood
- It took over 100 years to build the ark.
- The Ark was a third of the size of the Titanic.
- Noah and his family members were stuck on the Ark for one-year and ten days.
- God shut the door of the Ark. [ref. Genesis 8:2]
- The Noahic Covenant is the only covenant that’s made with all of creation.
- The rainbow is a sign of God’s promise that He would never again destroy the earth with flood [Genesis 9:13–17]
Noah took MORE than two of each animal on the Ark! [ref. Genesis 7:2-3]
NOTE: The creative studies His Palette offers on our blog are not complete Bible studies. We provide these as stepping stones for you to use in your own study. We pray that what we share with you will get you started and help you to dig deeper.
Noah’s Bible Study Printables
Each post in this Back-to-School series will include FREE printables, both creative ones and notes, to help you get started with your own study of Noah.
- A yearbook photograph signature page
- Noah’s quick-look about me page and coordinating notes page
- A handdrawn contemporary portrait of Noah that you can print or trace in your own Bible
[My 21 year old daughter, Antonette, drew all the characters in this series. You can find her on IG @notthesameasyesterday]
Now it’s your turn! Take the free Bible study printables and begin your own study of Noah. There is a second notes page for you to add your own findings. Then add Noah’s portrait to your Bible and include any notes you want to remember in the margins.
COMPLETE BACK-TO-SCHOOL SERIES
Week 1: NOAH CREATIVE CHARACTER STUDY: BACK-TO-SCHOOL
Week 2: RUTH CREATIVE CHARACTER STUDY: BACK-TO-SCHOOL
Week 3: ELISHA CREATIVE CHARACTER STUDY: BACK-TO-SCHOOL
Week 4: JONAH CREATIVE CHARACTER STUDY: BACK-TO-SCHOOL
LOOKING FOR THE FREEBIES?
There are four FREE printables that go along with this "journ-udy." Three are fun, creative printables and two are study printables. When you subscribe to His Palette's email tribe below, you'll not only receive these four printables in your inbox, but we will also send tutorials & tips and a FREE creative printable each month. Be blessed and be a blessing!
DON’T HAVE A MINUTE TO READ THIS POST? PIN NOW AND READ LATER!
Interested In Another Study Start?
- FALLING AT HIS GLOWING FEET: BIBLE JOURNALING IN REVELATION
- SHINE ON ME: INTRODUCING BIBLE JOURNALING STUDY STARTS